Please CLICK HERE to nominate an individual and/or team before the due date of October 31st
WARSAW COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
To inspire and equip all students to continually acquire and apply knowledge and skill while pursuing their dreams and enriching the lives of others.
To recognize and honor those WCS athletes, coaches, teams, and supporters who excelled in their respective sports, coaching profession, or supporting roles.
These select individuals and teams helped bring honor, recognition, distinction and excellence to WCS by their conduct both on and off the field or court.
This recognition will help maintain the spirit, pride and sense of community as well as serve as a historical account of the great athletic traditions of WCS while serving as an example to current and future WCS student-athletes.
- CHAIR (1): current athletic director.
- MEMBERS (8): current superintendent or their designate, current principal or their designate, one former male athlete (must be at least 20 years out of school), one former female athlete (must be at least 20 years out of school), one active or former male coach (at least 10 years at WCHS), one active or former female coach (at least 10 years at WCHS), 2 at-large members
(older, selected by the other committee members).
- The athletic department will contact potential committee members to fill the structure of the committee for the first year.
- Terms: 3 years for the at-large positions, former athletes and former coaches which will be staggered. Unlimited for others.
- Nominations will be submitted to the committee online through the athletic department’s website warsawtigers.org.
- The deadline to submit nominations is October 31.
- The committee will meet in October to organize. In early November, we will meet to have a preliminary discussion on the nominations received. A third meeting will be held the first week in December to vote on the inductees in that class.
- Those selected will be notified by the committee chair shortly after the selection vote.
Induction Classes: Start with older generations first
- First few years: The committee would decide how many individuals and teams would be inducted while they play catch up.
- Each year following: maximum 3 individual members and maximum 1 team.
Athletes (Eligible for induction 10 years after graduation): Nominations accepted by the public at www.warsawtigers.org
- Any athlete whose play in competition, leadership, work in the classroom and enriching the lives of others in the community would rise to the level of being worthy of being included in the Warsaw Community High School Athletics Hall of Fame. They would be nominated by the community and considered by the committee.
Coaches (Retired and active are eligible): Nominations accepted by the public at www.warsawtigers.org
- Extreme excellence in coaching.
- Head coaches and assistants who fulfill the Warsaw Community Schools mission and hall of fame purpose statement in the coaching profession.
Special Contributors (Eligible at any time): Nominations accepted by the public at www.warsawtigers.org
- Those who have supported Tiger Sports outside of the field of competition but who are worthy of being honored in an extra special way. These would be people who have dedicated themselves to supporting WCHS Athletics for an extended period of time, including but not exclusive to former athletic directors, long-time public address announcers, people who provide inspiration and emotional support, media members, game workers (kept the scorebook, worked track meets or ran the chains for football for many years), bus drivers who have driven teams to-and-from games for many years) and others.
- These would be more subjective nominations, but would still be submitted by the public and would be considered by the committee.